CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 27, 2009




Last week Jackie and I went up to Richmond, Utah. Richmond is a little town just north of Logan. We were invited to Rockhill Creamery, where we spent a good part of a day making cheese with Jennifer. I will never look at cheese the same way again. We had such a great time, hard work making cheese, but great. Jackie and I hardly ever have a chance to spend much time together anymore.

Rockhill Creamery has 6 beautiful Swiss cows they affectionately call "the girls". A couple of them just had calves, so we got to go meet them too, so sweet. After making cheese, we smelled like milk and they really liked us. They are making beautiful cheese in very small batches. I have been truly inspired! I have made several recipes with their cheeses this week, all delicious. I have to say though that my pasta carbonara with the Zwitzer has been my favorite...so far. I still have a few things in mind. These cheeses will be featured on the next menu at the Chef's Tasting dinner this week. I have been out meeting farmers and local food producers to bring extraordinary ingredients to the Farm to Fabulous Chef's tasting I'm cooking at the Flour Girls and Dough Boys Bakery in American Fork. Saturday nights, 6PM.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That looks crazy!

Glad you had a great time!!

I haven't seen you in ages! Miss you!!

Amber said...

How fun! Can't wait to try your new recipes!

Summer Smith said...

get your arms outta the cheese!!!!

Lori Buhr said...

So good to see you smiling! I haven't seen you at any of the recent family things and I have been concerned. Glad you're cookin' cause I know that makes you happy! Love ya1